One of the many outstanding benefits of Cannabidiol Oil consumption is it can help relieve anxiety and depression. Such health advantage has thrust CBD Oil into the limelight of aiding relaxation and calmness on people with mental issues, minus the side effects of mainstream medication.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is characterized by worrying about different things. Worrying that sometimes, the anxious person is becoming uneasy about it. Anxiety, though, can graduate into a clinical disorder. In psychiatric terms, it is defined as a nervous disorder that afflicts a person. Its manifestations include excessive worrying and uneasiness, being apprehensive about his or her surroundings, and everything that is happening in his life. Usually, anxiety also prompts a panic attack, a behavioral disorder, or a compulsion.
There are different types of anxiety disorder, and these include Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and other types of phobias. Anxiety is usually treated through medication, counseling, and psychotherapy specifically, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
What is Depression?
Depression, on the other hand, is yet another clinically diagnosed illness that is characterized by extreme sadness. It is familiar, yet it is a severe mental condition. One that could lead to other psychological and behavioral disorders.It is when a person feels hopeless and helpless about things that are happening in his or her life. When he feels less empowered, and so he no longer possesses energy and vitality of life. It is usually treated through medication, psychotherapy, and in worst cases, Electroconvulsive Therapy.
Cannabidiol as a breakthrough treatment for Anxiety and Depression
Recently, Cannabidiol Oil is gaining popularity as a treatment for anxiety and depression. The cannabinoids found in CBD Oil interact with the brain’s neurotransmitters that affect the production of Serotonin. Serotonin is the body’s hormone that helps a person feel good about himself and have a better mood.
There have been studies about how CBD can help with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Clinical Depression. These researchers have found that regular consumption of Cannabidiol Oil has helped them with their social anxiety, made them feel better about themselves, and have somehow improved their outlook. Studies are continuously being conducted on how exactly CBD Oil eases anxiety and depression. However, a 2015 Study published in the Journal of Neutrotherapeutics has reported that Cannabidiol Oil is a promising medication for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Panic Disorder.
No Side Effects
And while there have yet to be tons of studies that will point out an apparent reason as to how Cannabidiol Oil helps relieve anxiety and depression, what is evident is the growing interest in this natural anxiety medication. CBD Oil is becoming a preferred alternative medication because, unlike mainstream drugs, Cannabidiol does not have any side effects.
Moreover, CBD Oil is not mind-altering. It does not have any psychoactive ingredient that can affect a person’s consciousness or affect his way of thinking. Overdose is unlikely, and so is a dependency. Cannabidiol does not contain the addictive substance its relative plant Marijuana is known for. CBD Oil does not contain Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC that makes Marijuana a regulated substance. THC is the psychoactive substance that causes Marijuana or Cannabis users to feel “high” or “stoned.”
Best way to take CBD for Anxiety and Depression
There are several ways to consume Cannabidiol Oil for Anxiety and depression. Here are some of the options:
1. Vapor Inhalation. Inhaling Cannabidiol Oil vapors can be very helpful when it comes to relieving anxiety or depression. What Does Hemp CBD Feel Like is it makes the patient feel way better following his consumption. Through inhalation, the vapors are easily absorbed in the lungs, helping the Cannabinoid enter the person’s system almost instantaneously. Vapors can be inhaled through a vaping pen loaded with Cannabidiol Oil vapor concentrates.
2. Pills or tablets. One of the most convenient ways of taking CBD oil supplements is through regular capsules or tablets. This is ideal for daily users who are seeking permanent treatment of their illness. This is convenient for travel and use outside the home. Although it is not as fast-acting as Cannabidiol vapors, it is stable and can be absorbed by the body within 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Tincture Concentrate. Sublingual ingestion of CBD Oil can also help relieve anxiety and depression. It is an excellent way to feel the effects of this alternative medication immediately. Dropping the needed dose of tincture oil concentrates under the tongue for about a minute before swallowing can help the body absorb CBD oil rapidly. The only downside to this method is that CBD Oil can have a bitter and earthy after-taste.
4. Massage oils and lotions. Cannabidiol can also be applied topically. Calming salves and creams, and relaxing massage oils have lately been developed for an anti-stress, super calming massage. In areas where Cannabidiol Oil can be used for non-medical purposes, some treatment spas have been offering CBD-infused massage using these topical products.
5. CBD Edibles. Food or beverage that has been infused with Cannabidiol Oil can also be beneficial for patients suffering from anxiety and depression. CBD Oil is usually infused in pastries, pies, desserts, smoothies, shakes, coffee, and other beverages. CBD edibles can also be consumed in the form of gummy candies, chewable candies, and even chocolate bars. And while this method of consumption may take a bit of time to be metabolized, it is an excellent option for those who are sensitive to the bitter taste of Cannabidiol Oil. CBD edibles effectively mask this unpleasant taste.